VENTILATION AND COOLING SYSTEMS
Prolonged heat, high humidity, low air speed recycle and the concentration of harmful gases (ammonia) and dust cause the animal’s thermal stress (THI) to soar, leading to a worsening of productive performance, as well as reproductive performance and of animal health.
Natural ventilation by openings is insufficient to guarantee a healthy environment and adequate wellness for the animals. Inside the stable it is necessary to install artificial ventilation and cooling systems by adiabatic principle (nebulization).
Erilon evaluates in the design phase the number, the size, the technical characteristics and the positioning of all necessary ventilators inside the stable.
Artificial ventilation can be combined with an evaporative-type cooling system through the nebulization of water in air current. That’s guarantees air cooling and lowering temperatures (lower to 8 centigrade).
Compared to the method of direct water sprinkling, by nebulization, the evaporation of the water is so rapid as not to wet the animals.
- Adequate ventilation improves the wellness of the animal as this allows:
temperature control, provides fresh air in the rooms, removing excess humidity;
- It removes all of impurities present in the air, also the harmful gases produced by metabolic processes and fermentation of excrements;
- Dust elimination;
- Constant re-immission of oxygen;
- Major reduction of flies.
The system pays for itself thanks to:
- maintenance milk production during the summer period;
- better quality milk;
- maintenance of the animal’s weight;
- more fertility;
- less problems on breech;
- lower drugs costs.